Another "Extreme Truck Makeover" :)

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
I know i should be taking some pictures but i havent yet. I am in the process of getting my truck ready (the '94 not the '86) for a new aluminum flat bed. The factory bed was rusting above the wheel wells in the typical places and and my desire to have a flatbed got the better of me. SO after taking the bed/toolbox/stacks/air tank/bumper/hitch/rear fuel tank off i have knocked all the loose rust off the frame and taken all the spring hangers off as well. Just tonight i coated the frame with rust converter (phosphoric acid) to prime it and will top coat it with 395A (tar based black paint). I replaced both fuel tanks several years ago but only replaced the sending unit/suction assembly on the rear tank and the old one on the front tank had started to leak so i replaced that it too. I am also replacing all four shocks. I purchased new bolts for the spare tire holder and intend to get a factory sized spare to fit back under the rear tank. I also will be putting on mickey thompson classic II rims and Dayton timberline mt tires. Finally after that prep work is done i will have the custom aluminum bed made by a local shop. The ole girl will once again sparkle. I will try my best to find some time to get pictures of progress soon. Oh and dont worry the new bed will be complete with dual stacks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online