Android app? / real diagnostics? / mechanical temp gauge?

QuercusRubra

Reaction score
I have an early 1995 F350 7.3 DIT

I can feel and hear a miss, though it runs pretty well and it's been this way since I got it a year ago. Now that it's getting chilly at night, the truck starts a little hard and smokes when it starts up, so I'd like to give it a little love -- Hopefully find a bad injector to fix the miss and some glow plugs that are 20 years and 140k miles newer would probably help.

So my question is has anyone done a power balance / cylinder contribution / drop test using an android phone and wireless obd2 interface device? Is there an app that does it?

I have the Torque Pro app, but haven't figured out how to do it.

Do I have to spring for a more expensive diagnostic tool or manually unplug injectors to get a power balance test?

Also, I notice my temperatures are out of whack in the Torque Pro app -- oil is about 50* coolant is 212* and air intake is -40* I haven't played with this enough to verify all those numbers-- oil could be 50*, but coolant is not 212 and air is not -40

So in light of this data and the OEM temp gauge in the dash that shows almost nothing, which in my limited experience is normal, I ordered a mechanical temp gage to swap in like I did on my old '94 IDI. But now that I think about it, I wonder if it will mess up anything in the truck's brain if I remove the electrical temp sensor and put in a mechanical one? Does it matter which one I go for --the gage sensor or the idiot light sensor? This worked great on my IDI, but that thing has no brain.

Thanks in advance!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I can help you out.
You need to add in the obs pids for the Temps to be right.

Now for the contribution and balance test you need a app called car gauge pro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online