Air Seats Option

IDIDREW

Reaction score
1992 F250 XLT

The drivers and passenger chairs have a + and a - on a switch located just below the bottom cushion. It does not move the seat (power seat). When you push the + side of the switch there is a hiss like a miniature compressor kicking on. When you hit the - nothing really happens.

I did a vin search on the truck and could not find an "air" seat option. I did a quick google search and nothing popped up except for aftermarket options for air seats.

Thanks,

Andrew

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
If you don't feel it doing anything have someone sit in the seat, then hit the + side of the button while watching the backside of the seat. The air bags come loose and will expand the back and not the front like their supposed to.

IDIDREW

Reaction score
If you don't feel it doing anything have someone sit in the seat, then hit the + side of the button while watching the backside of the seat. The air bags come loose and will expand the back and not the front like their supposed to.

I wasn't even looking at the lumbar area, I was concentrated on the sound and the seat bottom. This is so different than anything I have seen. Now I just want to play with it!!

Thanks!!

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Now I remember what happened. The weld broke loose that held a plate that the air bag was mounted against allowing the bag to bLow out the back. I removed the fabric and zip screwed it back in place. Has held for three years now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86