Air Intake for IDI e350? Anyone have one to sell?

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new to me van ('94 e350 7.3) is missing its air intake connection to air cleaner - does anyone have this part? Thanks!

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
You'll probably be best off making something. The opening on the manifold is a standard 5 1/4" (same as where a 4bbl meets the air cleaner).

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My E350 is a 90, but I managed to use an air cleaner of a 89 F250 idi. IIRC, it did require a bit of minor tweaking ie putting a dent in it to clear one of the injector lines. It does work much better than no air cleaner housing at all, which is what mine came with.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Yes, it does have a dent in it, as I recall. Sorry that I didn't get it out for a pic today.

I'd never seen this piece until the van I have now. They're usually missing, I guess. But, yes, 460mudsports, the engine compartment does get very hot, and cooler air is definitely better. The piece draws air from the inner surface of the hood, where it meets the grille.

The piece is quite flat at the front and bolts to the crossmember above the radiator. It then narrows and squares up to fit the air cleaner inlet.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I can try to get a picture too. I just looked through my hundreds of pictures I have and somehow that piece has never been in a picture. I always had it off for some reason or another.

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish people would return things - my fuse box cover was missing too - I can buy it new for 95.00! dumb but I like things OEM usually -

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I've found it comes off for almost any work on the front of the engine, yARIC008. LOL Nature of the beast!

Wonder why:rolleyes:
You must be registered for see images attach

(^PSD but anyone who hasn't seen one gets the idea)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08