Air Bags

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
Firestone vs. Air Lift? Why? Where is the cheapest to buy?

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam
I will be going with the air lift, they are rated at 5000 lbs where the others are rated at 4500 an 4000. read a test and the air ride was more heavy duty and the bracket put the bag over the axle housing instead of the spring. Price I would go shopping.

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
Right on, I found the Air Lift 5000lb bags for $202 at summitracing.com, I ordered the compressor and gauges too for the coolness factor.:love:

PEANUTGRWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CAM YOURE GONNA NEED MORE THAN THE GUAGES FOR YOU TO BE COOL :)

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
The tiger suit should get here at around the same time! :rock:

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey cam
How they work, I looked at Summit and you are correct they are the cheapest. Guess you found a place for me to buy. thanks for the leg work an also Summit has free shipping.
Geno

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
They work great Geno, but if you're getting the in-cab controller/gauges get the Load Controller I. I got the Load Controller II and it's very slow to fill the bags up. The Load Controller I is supposed to fill at twice the speed.
Summit was great to deal with, I ordered online, didn't even have to talk to anybody, plus you can track the package on their website after it's sent out. They use good packing procedures so it's very unlikely to get damaged as well. I was impressed and would definitely use them again.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam
I think I need the Load controller #2 so I can adjust to level load as I will be carring a slide in truck camper with a slide out and I have been told they are heavy on the slide side. Will check to see if they make a load controller #1 that is dual guage. Thanks for the input
Geno

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam
finally got mine but to dam (lazy) busy to put them on maybe some day.
Geno

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
They take an hour or two not including the compressor kit but it's a pretty easy straight-forward installation. With the compressor kit and gauges installed, altogether it was about a 4 hour job.

One guy said he put his on in half an hour, while cooking steaks on the BBQ.. I have no idea how he did it but I stand by 1 or 2 hours if it's your first set you've ever installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online