Advise on pulling a big load!

Flagship

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek: Well that puts some anxiety in the equation. I "Have To" make this trip so it's going to get done no matter. But when I get back to Virginia I'll have to see about what it'll take to get legal. I already know the answer; "Mo Money"
What will the effect be on my car insurance if I have a class A CDL? Anyone know the answer to that? Curious.

Your car insurance will not change. A lot of states recognize a farm plate. They're exempt from scales and most license requirements. You might check that out.

Flagship

lgettler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CDL has no effect on Insurance, If you have to have a CDL (Check Build sticker as Dirtleg stated) then you will need a DOT physical certificate in your pocket also otherwise in most states the CDL will revert to a standard drivers license.

sootman73

Reaction score
talkin about heavy loads. i just got my hands on an industrial dumpster compactor to scrap. it weighed easily over 15,000! we cut it up enough to be able to move it and load it. we only had a 5000# fork with slicks. i weighed in at the scrap yard at 15800 the first day and 16000 the next. had to pull from an hour and half - 2 hours away. many hills in michigan with a lot of traffic. overdrive was off on my e40d. never had to use full throttle on any hills. my friend was pulling 10000 with his f150 and had to wind it up many times to 4500 rpm to hold speed. i just had to push the throttle to about 3/4. saw 12 lbs of boost max but didn't need all of it. the biggest thing that worried me was stopping. brakes are in a little disrepair after my pond incident. pedal to the floor stops were scary. especially in heavy rush hour traffic. egts maxxed at 1075. engine temp was never vertical on gauge. not bad for a truck with 206000 miles! make sure your tires are ready for it too. i got lucky that one of them didn't blow out. almost bald in the back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance