Acceleration Video

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine will also accelerate more slowly if I mash it to the floor. Mine accelerates much faster if you roll into the throttle. If I hold mine to the floor it just smokes a lot and has more rattle than usual until it gets up to a decent RPM.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually throttle up slowly just as a matter of habit to let the turbo spool and avoid smoke. I rarely mash it from 0MPH, but when I do it does seem to be sluggish (gearing doesn't help), but maybe thats just my impression.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
if i ever find my moms video camera i will record mine doing an accelaration run:sly

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
the truck in the signature.
I still need an open air intake and an intercooler.

It's actually a hair faster with the zf5 as that c6 converter was shot, and the shifts were mushy. With the zf I don't often shift very fast tho, as I tend to think it isn't good for it.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this is mine before the zf5

0-60 in 10 seconds by my count. That with some wheel spin and shifting that seems weak (I can't see the 1-2 shift). Acceleration seems to be better as you get closer to 60 MPH. Yikes;Sweet.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Yours is faster than mine. What are you running for gears? I will get another video when you other half can film it so that I can shift through the gears on my own. I get better acceleration hitting the throttle about half way down and "rolling" into it while shifting "manually" to keep the rpms and boost higher.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours is faster than mine. What are you running for gears? I will get another video when you other half can film it so that I can shift through the gears on my own. I get better acceleration hitting the throttle about half way down and "rolling" into it while shifting "manually" to keep the rpms and boost higher.
E4DOA's have a deeper 1st gear.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
3.55 gears.
yeah, well the boost is finally over 10psi when the speed gets up there, so it speeds up pretty well when it's breathing well.
the ATS088 turbo is a fine mate for a 7.3 that is a general work truck.

Maybe it's just the moose pump but my egts on a run like that were low.... probably the weak converter. Egts still never over 1000 with a trailer and hardly any smoke other than a light greyish haze... you'd have to really get on it to get black smoke.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
My '86 F250 had the 3.55 gears and the C6 too. It would accelerate faster than my CC, but the CC can get a load moving faster with the 4.10s it seems. I want to put a ZF5 in my CC and then see how well it does. Right now, I get a fast "launch", but it "tuckers out" at higher speeds. It will keep gaining speed, but just not real fast like yours. I can get the truck rolling pretty good if I have about 1/4 mile to do it. In my other videos, the 70 mph drive-by was after about 1/4 mile of acceleration room with no traffic to slow me down.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
cool man. the zf5 swap is an easy one. only thing I couldn't do myself was the driveshaft.

yeah, easy swap, lil time consuming tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online