Acceleration Video

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Last edited:

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounding good, I just wish i could hear the engine more. Your cabin seems a lot quieter than mine though. I should have installed the firewall insulation from the diesel donor truck in mine.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I tried it, and it wouldn't work either. I think I have it fixed because it's working now. I won't do the hyperlink this time.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Sounding good, I just wish i could hear the engine more. Your cabin seems a lot quieter than mine though. I should have installed the firewall insulation from the diesel donor truck in mine.

I had the windows down, and this video was on my phone so it's not the best sound and video quality. I'll use the actual camera tomorrow. You can only hear the engine until the boost hits about 5 psi and then all you hear is "whistle" until the rpms hit about 2,700 and then the 4" straight-piped exhaust starts "rapping out". ;Sweet

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Link worked fine for me:dunno

I need to make on of these some day. There are plenty of open roads around here. I think my best 0-60 run so far was 15 seconds. None of them were really scientific though. One had wheel spin and didn't max out the boost and the other was uphill.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Link worked fine for me:dunno

I need to make on of these some day. There are plenty of open roads around here. I think my best 0-60 run so far was 15 seconds. None of them were really scientific though. One had wheel spin and didn't max out the boost and the other was uphill.

i have cranked out almost a high 12 before if i remember right, it was also a cold day so i know that and the ram air helped alot, and i had my timing advance hot wired:rolleyes: mine acts like it has more power with the timing advance on:dunno

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I had flashbacks to Back to the Future.....I was just waiting for 88mph......and then.....1955!

Thad

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I'm curious. Was that pegged to the floor from the time you took off till the video stopped?

No. If I slam it to the floor, it seems to be "sluggish" until the turbo spools, so I only had to between half and three quarters throttle during the whole video.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
No. If I slam it to the floor, it seems to be "sluggish" until the turbo spools, so I only had to between half and three quarters throttle during the whole video.

hmm mine doesnt so that:dunno but i have herd other people talk about that happening if they floored it

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I have never put my pedal to the floor on mine.....maybe I should try it sometime. Just seems to have enough power to not do that though....

Thad

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Yeah, since I am burning a percentage of WMO, I have a little spare fuel to be heavy footed....maybe..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online