97 f250 7.3

887.3DirtyD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy has a 340k miles 7.3 that did on him will driving. Tried restarting but nothing. The fuel pump was split in to prices so we installed a new one. Question is, would that be the problem? We don't know how long it's been like that. I do know of the cps and iprs to. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Probably has a lot of air in the fuel passages.

Aldo check the PCM fuse.
Common problem for the fuel heater to short and blow the fuse.

Is it trying to start? Any smoke?

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, check for smoke(fuel) while cranking. Is the cam position sensor the black or grey one? Grey w/ silver bracket is the newer updated part. Is there oil on the dipstick? If they run low they just die. No oil pressure - no fuel.

887.3DirtyD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out that apparently the #22 fuse is bad. It is to late now because his idiot cusion has half the motor torn down

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
What a dipsh!t....

IIRC, #22 is the one for the fuel heater. All he had to do was unplug the heater and replace the fuse.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found out that apparently the #22 fuse is bad. It is to late now because his idiot cusion has half the motor torn down

Since his ******* cousin has it half tore down, now would be a good time to replace the UVCH gaskets. For $60 it would be cheap insurance if he hasn't done it already.

887.3DirtyD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am working on getting it over to my garage so we can keep certain people away from it. They never tested anything at first like I told him, 3-4 months ago. So I told him we can tow it over and fix it.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Difference between mechanics and technicians... a mechanic will tear something apart and shotgun parts until he fixes the problem, and a technician will diagnose first and only replace the parts that are necessary.

887.3DirtyD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If everything goes as planned I should have the truck over here tm. I will try to keep everything updated as I go along. Thanks for giving us help!