96 PSD Rebuild help.

ford3544

96 4-Door TwoTone
Reaction score
I just got my block back and am getting ready to start to reassemble the motor. I have brand new stock injectors that will go back in for now until later down the road. I am installing an intercooler with the stock turbo. I have the oil cross over line, K&N intake and the edge evolution programer. I have a 3" down pipe to 5" straight pipe. The tranny has been rebuilt with upgrades about 10,000 miles ago. What are other suggestions that I can do to the fuel system and oil system to make this run better? Any other suggestions of what I can do that is not to expensive right now would really be helpful.

Thanks guy! :confused:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
First WELCOME to Oilburners :cheers:

As far as block prep, I suppose the first question is are you planning on reasonable power or stoopid power LOL

Head studs, big oil for the HPOP,electric fuel pump/reg....the limits are only your wallet LOL so please be a little more informative on build goal ;Sweet

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Welcome to Oilburners!!

Like Geo has asked, do you want good everyday reliable power or do you eventually want to go EXTREME PSD??

I've not heard good things about the K&N setup, I'd invest in a TYMAR or other open element intake filter setup.

The next thing I'd do to start off with is lose the EDGE and get a custom tuned 6 position chip from Twildman or DP Tuner or Beans Diesel Performance, remembering that the tranny is going to be the weakest link in the setup.

If you don't have gauges they are a must, especially tranny and EGT this way you can monitor what's happening for trouble shooting later.

On a final note, HIDE YOUR WALLET, folks around here can spend your money faster than a wife :rotflmao

Welcome to OB again and keep us informed how your rebuild goes :thumbsup:

John

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are other suggestions that I can do to the fuel system and oil system to make this run better? Any other suggestions of what I can do that is not to expensive right now would really be helpful.

Replace the fuel rail and oil rail plugs with the latest versions, rebuild the IPR valve if needed....Not much else to do on the cheap for the HP oil other than the HX line and making sure you replace all of the O-rings on everything like the plugs, injectors etc....And take your time putting it together torquing everything to the proper specs.

Good luck

On a final note, HIDE YOUR WALLET, folks around here can spend your money faster than a wife :rotflmao

Sooooooo True

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online