95 PSD wait to start light comes on and truck dies

reh4960

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 95 F250 PSD with 3" down pipe and 4" straight exhaust with a superchips tuner. The other day the wait to start light came on while driving and when I pressed the clutch in the truck died and it has done this a few times since. It has always had a little miss right after you start it but it always goes away in a few seconds and the wait to start light has never came on before when the truck was running until recently. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like you have something going on with the cable coming out of the steering column.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It almost sounds like the PCM is loosing power or ground - hence the WTS light coming on when it dies just as if you had turned off the key and turned it back on. Is the CE light coming on too?

reh4960

Reaction score
Thanks for the info the wait to start light comes on while the truck is still running and no check engine light is on the only code I pulled was for exhaust back pressure valve after I cleaned out the tube under it the code went away no codes at all now

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Check to see if the GPR is closed - meaning there is power and ground to each of the small terminals on the GPR - if there is then it's stuck on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online