94 or 95 psd ran rough now no fuel to the injectors?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
found a truck today that the owner said it ran rough and now has no fuel to the injectors? im not sure what the problem could be, im just looking at it for a project truck. i cant stand a little truck any longer! any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
by your description it sounds like it may have burnt wiring to the injectors.how does the guy know its not getting fuel?have you seen it personaly yet?

open the oil fill cab and sniff inside the valve cover.see if you can smell burnt wiring.also check the fuses in the underhood fuse box.i believe its fuse #22 you want to look at.if its blown unplug the fuel heater.top squarish plug on the drivers side of the fuel filter housing.

crank it over.is the tach maving at all?should read about 500RPM.any smoke out the tail pipe?if the answer is no it most likely either the blown fuse under the hood or the CPS.

i do have a spare CPS i could send you to try.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
thanks rich! havnt went and look at it personally yet, the burnt wiring or the blown maxi fuse was the first thing that popped into my mind. bought that red 96 that i parted out the first time around for $800 (fuel heater shorted out). im gonna go check it out here in a few minutes. its been sitting for a year or more. idm bad popped in my head too. buddy of mine has a spare so im good on that. will report back with what i find

goober

Reaction score
if there is no fuel pressere on a 94/95 psd they have a mechanical fuel pump in the vally of the motor between the heads i have olny ever seen one go bad but it happens ... put a pressure gauge on the schrader valve on the filter housing and crank it over... if no pressure there then u have a bad lift pump and it is not to bad to do u have to pull the filter housing and the turbo .... u can do it without removing the turbo but its a *****

oh and once u change the pump change the oil beacuse it can fill ur crank case with fuel

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
if there is no fuel pressere on a 94/95 psd they have a mechanical fuel pump in the vally of the motor between the heads i have olny ever seen one go bad but it happens ... put a pressure gauge on the schrader valve on the filter housing and crank it over... if no pressure there then u have a bad lift pump and it is not to bad to do u have to pull the filter housing and the turbo .... u can do it without removing the turbo but its a *****

oh and once u change the pump change the oil beacuse it can fill ur crank case with fuel

well that one was already sold. He has another 96 f350. Exact same truck.just newer. Trannys bad. Not sure on the price yet but.I'm.working on it.

bobbywalter

Full Access Member
Reaction score

x2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger