94 IDI turbo Questions

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo from a 94 IDI its has Garrett A/R 82 M3 on the Exhaust side and A/R 70 on the compressor it has a wg, is this the turbo ATS used?. I am trying to find a map for this unit so I can run performance comparisons on the computer dyno. I cant seem to find info on this turbo on the net? :dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a turbo from a 94 IDI its has Garrett A/R 82 M3 on the Exhaust side and A/R 70 on the compressor it has a wg, is this the turbo ATS used?. I am trying to find a map for this unit so I can run performance comparisons on the computer dyno. I cant seem to find info on this turbo on the net? :dunno

If it is a factory IDI Ford turbo, then yes, it is the ATS turbo before they went to the Aroura thingy.

Heath

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My turbo has one inlet about 1 3/4" by 2 1/4" I have found some info but nothing clearly stating A/R ratio or max cfm. Anybody got some idea what this turbo's map looks like?. I know this unit was set stock for 6psi but can be adjusted to go as high as 12 or 15psi with the waste gate rod mod or 20psi with the gate disabled. I need inlet size info because when I input the flange size the turbo spools real late on the dyno...:dunno

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor is a T04B H-trim, that's what you need to look up a map for. The turbine wheel is a T3 Stage III.

Honestly much past 10-12 psi that compressor is pretty inefficient.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info, and yes I know this turbo is not verry good past 12 psi but it has been done so I am testing it and several others for comparison.