92 c-1500

Truckerman

Reaction score
i have a few ?? and maybe someone here can help.I have a
c-1500 ext cab with a v-6 4.? litre.Just recently i have replaced the alternator,belt,have checked the battery(500 cranking amps),replaced the w/w motor.This truck has just under 300,000 miles and is used as a daily driver of 150 miles per day.It has just started gauge fluctuations,i.e the gages will be fine an the next minute they are all over the place.The speedo and tach,the temp and battery gages as well.I probably got a loose wire or something but am not sure where to even start looking.This started before the alternator r/r so i know its not that,but it did start after i changed the w/w motor.I don't know how the w/w motor would affect this but i thought i would mention it.I appreciate any help ya'll can give me.
Thanks D.J.

Max Power

Reaction score
I would check the IP ground. Follow it back and make sure it is a good connection.

4.3 btw.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the fuses, I had a fuse blown that was for lites like in glove box ash tray etc all the minor ****, and wierd things would happen, tech told me to check the fuses, dummie me I ask why and he says if one is blown it could be feeding back. A first for me but it worked. First time for ever thing tho. this was in older s-10 blazer. like Max says tho check all the grounds also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online