-7c door handle problems?

braveops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it not realy cold yet but my inside door handle jams up until the cab warms up ? once it is warm never gives me any problems if i pull on it alot it will then stick open? works good from outside almost like the back seat of a cop car lol what would cause this to happen?

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
braveops said:
well it not realy cold yet but my inside door handle jams up until the cab warms up ? once it is warm never gives me any problems if i pull on it alot it will then stick open? works good from outside almost like the back seat of a cop car lol what would cause this to happen?

Try lubricating the latch assembly on the door and operating the door latch to work the lubrication in. You may also take the door panel off so that you can lubricate the hinge of the inside door handle and the inside of the door latch. I think that will solve your problem.
A good penetrating oil or even a light oil of any kind should do the trick.
The factory applied grease is either gone or becomes very tacky when it is cold and that is what is most likely causing the handle to stick.

braveops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have tried the latch from the outside of the door but will look at pulling the panel off it seems like it is stuck and the rod is bending if that makes sense

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have had good luck with dry power graphite lubricant as well. I have a tube that I have had forever and it is labelled CSL (Champ Service Line) speedometer cable lube. I use it all cables such as this as it doesn't change viscosity with temperature like most liquid lubricants do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online