70% WMO unheated in winter. Fuel pump options?

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last few modifications lately to my fuel system has worked so well.
Finally I have reliable volume delivery that I did not have since my truck has been running.
I had to move my pump further up the frame rail and removed the filter before the pump
and instead use a inline stainless pleat style filter before the pump, no more paper filter in that location.

Tossed the old 7.3 filter head and used a AC delco secondary filter head using a 33120 WIX ten micron filter,
mounted in the oem location on the engine.
Also have an extra 2 micron glass media filter to put on, when needed.
Filter 33815 WIX, Smaller dia filter fits better with my cooler pipes, one inlet, two outlets plus a psi port.

I also ran fuel pressure into and out of the Radiator trans cool ports, sending heated fuel into the
return line to both tanks. and finally set the pressure at 6 psi with no more boost compensation.

Truck runs with more authority less EGT, less boost during cruise, bit more haze out the tailpipe.

Fuel pressure stays steady most of the time and drops maybe a lb or two max, during hard pulls.

still making W90 batches mostly diesel oil and stale boat gas.

Javier

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set up your pickup to start and warm up and "clean diesel" then switch over to your wmo blend.
And it would be good to have some sort of heating loop, warming the wmo fuel while the pickup is running on clean diesel.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to USDSL?

Set up your pickup to start and warm up and "clean diesel" then switch over to your wmo blend.
And it would be good to have some sort of heating loop, warming the wmo fuel while the pickup is running on clean diesel.
Most certainly you cant be talking about me. ;Really
I would never consider going back to station fuel cookoo and then to spend time to switch it on and off while I drive LOL
Funny that I started my brand new engine up on WMO that sat for a couple years, The first day it ran I ****** out the GP
and spun it over about 30/40 seconds. Verified oil pressure and I had it plugged in it was hot and had the 8 injector lines cracked open.
then it fired right up when I was ready.

The idea warming the WMO is not a bad one if it was a cold climate, so the idea has some value. just not for me.
Im sure it would cross my mind if it was real cold and I was using the same 90/10 mix I use now.

Maybe my combo wont even start right now if it was like 20F outside? I dont really know, I do know as the temp drops
it takes more spin time to fire.
I have no working GP now and soley use the block heater to start my truck.
When the block heater is on for 1 hr it will spin 3/4 seconds and fire.
If it is pugged in for 2 hours it will fire instantlly.

my cost per gallon is is about fifteen cents now and I am up to about 350 gallons of fuel filtered on one set of filters I use.

;Sweet

Javier

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idiabuse,
You are correct, since you live in warm areas, you should have few problems.
That was meant for colder climates and wmo usage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle