7.3 IDI Runs Extremely rough, leaking Fuel

CaptainMorgan556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to replace a hardline off my injection pump. Ended up taking off all the lines, they got painted and replaced. Im pretty sure theyre all in the right order with all the lines in the places they "should" be. The truck took a little to crank but fired up, now shakes like crazy (not a diesel engine shake like and off cylinder or 2) I work tommorrow but the truck is my only way there and I dont know what to do. Also its ******* fuel from under the line nut on cylinder 2 because it wont seat all the way down, PO stripped the injector threads. Could i just have to bleed the lines? Maybe i mixed up one of the lines? Maybe something else? help

1992 7.3 IDI

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running rough after you had all that apart sounds like air to me. It may take a while to clear. The injector line leaking is a different problem. I would swap the injector out for a different one or search on here for the thread on repairing the threads. Sometimes you can clean the threads up and make it work. Hope that helps.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be air in the lines but the bigger issue is the leaking #2 injector line....it's trying to run on 7 cylinders.