7.3 Head Casting Numbers

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was reading an article "over there" about the 6.9 7.3 heads, cams, blocks and cranks casting numbers. It stated that ALL 7.3 heads have the casting number 1809030C3 but I have 3 differant sets of heads with differant numbers. My original heads off my 89 7.3 block number 7.3D U2 U715592* motor have the numbers 1809030C3 and another set have 1809030 ans still another set have tis number 1805855C1. What gives with all these differant numbers? Were they made by some differant foundrys or what?. Is one set better than the other. What do you guys have for casting numbers on you heads. The numbers are inside the valve covers so most probably wont know but any open head numbers are of interest to me. :confused:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unlike the lowers, the IH cyl heads are not as consistent with their casting numbers. I pay very little attention to the long numbers to be honest. The numbers you need to pay attention to is the three digit one. There's only three sequences that matter. One is for 6.9 and two are for 7.3. I've posted them before, but it will take a few days before I can repost them again.

Beerthirty

Reaction score
I think it's been a few days now,lol can you post these sequences cause I can't find them
Like usual, when you search on the net
.. there is never a shortage of incomplete, never answered posts from this site.
The administrator himself, wheres the numbers that he said took days to post?

What are the differences between 7.3 t/na heads? Incolnal valves?