6.9 in a '90 F-250?

alaska120

Reaction score
Ok, this isn't as easy as I thought.
Three (partial) days into the swap and all I have left is a rat nest of wiring.
Learned alot though.
1) engine won't fit in the bay with the oil filter on
2) engine won't fit in the bay with the starter on
3) engine won't fit in the bay with the clutch on
4) engine won't fit in the bay with the fan & fan clutch on
Of course, each of these was learned by trying to stab the engine in the bay.:idiot:
NOW, I need to adapt the wiring from the 6.9 to the 7.3 harness.
I think (dangerous) that I need to use the 7.3 glow plugs, controller and harness. Will the water detector on the 7.3 (on filter) adapt to the 6.9?
Do I just leave to old GP controller on the block to keep the hole shut?
Where have folks been mounting the 'block' control unit from the 7.3? (no mounting holes on the 6.9 intake)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could have told you about #1, and #2. Never thought about 3 and 4. Take the old controller out and install a pipe plug in it's place. ;Sweet

alaska120

Reaction score
Finally got it to run!!
Crasy issues... all of them mentioned on the site (bad o-rings on the injectors for one) and some not mentioned (starter solonoid frozen, fuel line broken off the tank switch).
Now, the oil pressure guage, tach, water temp, and volt meter don't work. Fuel gauge does (small miracles).
I think it may be in the wiring on the fender mounted solonoid. I put all the wires on one side and the starter wire (small gauge for solonoid) on the other. Am I missing something incredibly obvious here? I am so close to making this thing go down the road I can almost taste it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online