6.5 in a boat

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinkin about puttin together a wmo burnin boat, i think it would be pretty cool to spend all day on the lake and not have to worry about gas prices.
im thinkin that would be a pretty cool project plus it would make takin my son fishin almost a free trip as far as fuel cost is concerned. i would pull out the 350 and drop in a 6.5.

the problem is that i dont want to use the stock exhaust setup with the crossover pipe. i would rather go twin turbo and cap the boost off at about 12psi with a air/water intercooler.

who sells twin turbo headers-not manifolds?:dunno

i got a line on some good military humvee engines, do these have the strong blocks with oil cooled pistons?:dunno

should i put in lower comp pistons and raise boost or keep the boost at about 12 psi and use stock pistons?:dunno

the other build items for the 6.5 would be a scat crank, gearvendors timming gears, water injection,mech lift pump not electric. anyother ideas?
im not building the motor for performance just tryin to build a bullet proof wmo burner.

this is the kinda boat im talkin about. you guys have any comments let me hear'em
http://for-sale.yakaz.com/r/?wIqvWc...IclbyVRS1hJKZaE3fqfrX7k/JBd/towfVb0+GVyC48nM=

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online