Supercharged v8 diesel

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, now my Ute seems to be running for virtually free thanks to your support in running wmo I was thinking of throwing on a blower, in my Ute it’s a simple conversion and I have lots and lots of room in there for it, also a company here sells the entire kit, my Ute is a non turbo NA 6.5, a turbo conversion actually takes more mods here to fit and just clutters up everything, a SC just fits so nice n still stays uncluttered and clean under bonnet. I’m not concerned about the turbo vs SC arguments. It’s free fuel and I dont need the power. But it would be cool to have as no one else has one a two ear me and the biggest finger I can throw the greens and Tesla would be a SC 6.5 on Wmo, anyone have any experience with SC diesels

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's not to love?
I miss the blown bc cummins in the peterbuilt...
Yea notta chebbie , but blower whine trumps turbo whine all day long.

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Absolutely, should just need to change injectors to turbo specs and wind fuel up a bit on the db2, not sure if extractors will fit past the Nissan chassis but I’ll check that out once I got all this stuff ready to go on

Black dawg

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. Any idea of boost numbers and at what rpm? Still room for a turbo too......

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going too stick with 10psi, 6.5’s don’t rev much but some are putting 18psi through them, I’m looking for a reliable gain that’s also a bit of fun, seen a 6.2 running 10psi smash a 6.5turbo opti running 15psi in exceleration too 100kph, (husband vs wife) but they have moved n I no longer have there numbers but the turbo optimiser was better on fuel apparently not by a lot though, but the SC 6.2 was quicker and ran cooler annnnnd sounded way cooler. This is a totally just cool to have idea because why not when my fuel is free

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I think it would be too tight for a turbo as well, plus I doubt the head gaskets/bolts/heads would take too much boost, only trying too 3200 or what ever it is not really much room there too use it, even as a NA I never go past 2500rpm. It just doesn’t need too, it is a little lazy when Towing a decent weight, obviously why there all turbo now but I think the SC will be sweet at 10psi to wake it up a bit earlier when towing

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Absolutely, should just need to change injectors to turbo specs and wind fuel up a bit on the db2, not sure if extractors will fit past the Nissan chassis but I’ll check that out once I got all this stuff ready to go on
Ummmmm
Is there an eng. Under there?

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mate that’s a supercharged 6.5chev built by bullet diesels in aust. They do a full kit. Custom extractors manifolds etc