5.4L in a SUPER DUTY

Sbrem

Reaction score
adrianspeeder said:
How do you like the ZF6?

Adrianspeeder

I like it a lot. Its not the best shifting tranny out there, but it sure beats an auto. I love the pattern with Reverse and low in the same gate.

Stephen

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sbrem said:
Thanks Duke. I like having the sealed beam headlights because you don't see many trucks with them. At least around here even most of the XLs have the upgraded lights.

Stephen

Me, too. I have 2 "XL" trucks (see pictures) with the sealed beam headlights. I did the "brite box" trick to make them brighter, but it'd be nice if they were even brighter yet.

Do you run stock headlights? I heard there's some brighter bulbs, but don't know if they'll melt the bulb plugs.

SeaTowJoe

Reaction score
Sbrem said:
I like it a lot. Its not the best shifting tranny out there, but it sure beats an auto. I love the pattern with Reverse and low in the same gate.

Stephen

I like the 6-spd in the 03 alot more than the auto in the '02 that only made it 56,000 miles. :***: :frustrate

Sbrem

Reaction score
Duke said:
Me, too. I have 2 "XL" trucks (see pictures) with the sealed beam headlights. I did the "brite box" trick to make them brighter, but it'd be nice if they were even brighter yet.

Do you run stock headlights? I heard there's some brighter bulbs, but don't know if they'll melt the bulb plugs.

For now I do have the stock headlights. I was thinking of looking into brighter bulbs at some point, but have not gotten to it yet.

Stephen

WILLD

Reaction score
The 5.4's are a decent engine. I just hope they finally fixed the head gasket problems and the oil burning. As for the E4OD's and their replacements, I am tempted, but I'm still a little hot under the collar about my last E4OD that died every 20K miles.

That's what I get for buying the first year run of something though. 97 was a bad year for Ford trucks in my eyes.

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
WILLD said:
97 was a bad year for Ford trucks in my eyes.

Not my eyes! :backoff haha....jk

My ol' man had a '99 F-250 ExCab Shortbed 4x2 Auto w/ a 5.4L. I love that truck. He drove it to about 150K miles then put it into the company fleet (Const. Company). One of the superintendents drives it now and I got a chance to drive it just last week. It not has 225k miles on it and it drive GREAT! The only mods to it are a 40 series flowmaster and a K&N drop-in filter. The motor has been very problem free. Dont get me wrong...I love my stroke...but for a gasser in a pretty heavy 3/4 truck...it does very very well IMO...

-Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online