4x4 Problems

DieselChemist

Reaction score
Hey Guys
When I put it into 4 low I have to hold it there, or else it will come out, if it is in 4 high I don't think I this problem but it too long ago I can't remember. Is this the shift fork?
Thanks
Bill

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, more than likely the shift fork is bent, or, alternately, the shift forks have a little plastic "***" on the end that wears, and eventually it doesn't move the gears far enough. When going to 4hi, only the rear shift for has to move one little gear to engage the chain for the forward driveshaft, but when going into 4low, you have to move the whole planetary unit backwards, and it's big and heavy, and if it's ever forced, the shift forks can get bent easily.

Most likely it's a BW1345 with the t-19, and you can have it out of there in about an hour, and it's real easy to work on.

Zigg :)

DieselChemist

Reaction score
No I'm bringing it down June 11th, I'm going to Chicago on the 1st for Dakota's first birthday, and staying for a week. I just figured if I'm putting in that gear vendors :)D That's for you Geo), I might as well fix the 4x4 problem and I also have to find out what to fix that caused my firewall to crack, grease the tob, return lines, fix anything else the old mechanics screwed up. Is there a good place to get the fork?

Bill

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
No I'm bringing it down June 11th, I'm going to Chicago on the 1st for Dakota's first birthday, and staying for a week. I just figured if I'm putting in that gear vendors :)D That's for you Geo), I might as well fix the 4x4 problem and I also have to find out what to fix that caused my firewall to crack, grease the tob, return lines, fix anything else the old mechanics screwed up. Is there a good place to get the fork?

Bill

;p TTHHHIBBBIT ;p :D

IF it is in fact the fork.......check the plastic bushing first.....;Sweet

The cracked firewall is a demon on that body style......