351 oh s&%&#

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
The water pump on the truck went out this week. Went to change it, and the bolts are rusted in. Ended up busting 3 of them off, and getting the others out fine. I know i can pry the pump off, but what what are my prospects for getting those bolts out without destroying things? This sucks. I need this truck in the worst way. It is my bread and butter. I can't drive it now, winter's upon us, and if i don't get this fixed NOW, the block is going to freeze(all the coolant has spilled out, and no way to circulate new coolant with the engine all torn apart). I may just have it towed into a shop, but I don't want to, because of $$$$. If i have to spend a lot of money to fix it, then i'm going to a dealership and replacing the whole truck.

2500cummins

Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the long bolts that go through the the timing cover to the block. You'll probably end up pulling the timing cover, I've done this a few times and they have always come out of the block fairly easy for me once I got the timing cover pried off the broken bolts.

Jared

Where are you in southern Utah? I'm from there and my family is still there.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Yeah, it's those 2 exactly. We don't have the time to get the cover off, so we're just going to put the new pump on and use the remaining bolts, and if it melts down the motor, so what, we'll just get another truck. And yeah, i'm in the Kanab area. I hear ya on the Vegas thing in your location. That place is filthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online