2 more ATS questions

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...turbo time is getting closer and closer...but I still have two more questions... First I need to have an oil feed line made for the turbo. Napa here makes them, but I'll need to know what kind of fittings and dimensions. Old Mister Bill and a couple others have done it...anyone want to tell me how? Thanks! The other thing is that I keep hearing about heat shield for the turbo...what is it and do I really need it? If so where can it be had? Thanks,
JD

SKimballC

Reaction score
The oil feed line is male 1/4" NPT on one end and male 1/8" NPT on the other. I think the length is around 30"-34", but I could be off a few. Maybe somebody has an uninstalled oil line they can get an exact measurement of. The heat shield you can make out of some sheet metal to cover the #7 injector area. There's threads in that side of the pedestal for one little bolt.

Last edited:

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil line

JD,
I had a local company that makes hydraulic hose.
It was SS braded covered.
I used a piece of vacume hose to figure out the legnth.
Good Luck
John

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You looking for the steel return line, the one that is used as a pedistal for the turbo?
You have a wastegated or non-wastegated turbo. I have my non-wastegated kit out and can measure anything you want on it if thats the same kit you have.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
On mine, I made up an Aeroquip hose. I put a T fitting where the oil pressure sender came out of the block with the sender pointing up and the AN fitting out to the side, then measured it of for enough hose to go up around without touching and a1/4 pipe to An fitting on the turbo. Works nicely
Unfortunately, getting a picture back there would be a good trick.

The heat shield on my non wastegated one is just a piece of sheet metalwith a bend in itthat boltsto the manifold flat and wraps up around the turbo so the fuel return line and the GP wires can come out .

------------Robert

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online