1st gen cummins engine

rip van sparky

Reaction score
Hi guys, guy near me has a complete 1st gen cummins with adapter kit, trans and everything else needed to put it into my ford. The engine has 86,000 miles on it. He wants 3500 for everything, which is what I would have to spend on a 2nd gen engine with twice the miles. He said that the pump was good for 300 hp and I read on here that it was good for 475 hp. I was wondering what it took to get to 300hp and then what it took to get 475. I have seen on here where people have performance intakes, head, cam and so forth, but all I am really interested in is bolt on stuff. 300hp would probably be all that I would need, I just want to be able to tow 18000 at highway speeds which I definitely can't do with my Idi. It's easier to swap in a cummins than a powerstroke and I have no interest in a dodge truck. Any help, opinions or ideas appreciated.

Ggg

Reaction score
To get to 475 hp you will be sacrificing a lot of longevity on a 1st gen VE pump. That poor ip just isn't made internally to handle those kinds of stresses for very long. The 300-350hp level is a much more reliable goal for a daily driver. Injectors, pump mods, larger turbo will get you there. I would say $3500 is a fair price for everything including a trans. First and foremost fix the KDP in that engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.