1997 F250 HD Crew cab Shortbed

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
1997 F250 HD Crew cab Shortbed

1997 F250 HD Crew cab Shortbed 7.3 Powerstroke XLT loaded with exception of power mirrors.
40/20/40 seats in front with power lumbar, bench seat in back. Interior is clean with no flaws. remote entry with factory "alarm", rear windows tinted, a/c blows cold,

Mechanical

7.3 Powerstroke with Auto Trans. factory aluminum rims, 4x2 but comes with lightly used studded snow tires which are also mounted on factory aluminum rims.
fiberglass bed cover, bed has a few light scratches, comes with rubber pad on floor.
IT has never been towed heavy with all towing being done on bumper. I did purchase a reeese reciever to install which comes with truck however, i have not gotten around to drilling the holes.
brakes are at about 60-70% left
tires are 50-60% left, snow tires are 100% left. all load range E tires, comes with an unmounted spare tire at 40% left.
SCA coolant addive for diesel engines maintained at proper levels.
All serviced was completed at the ford dealer prior to me owning the truck, oil was changed at 4k intervals using shell rotella 5w40 synthetic

alternator is 3 years old.
starter is 1 year old
batteries are 3 years old

Modifications

There are no extreme performance modifications, all were intended for longevity.
6632 paper element intake(factory airbox also comes with truck if desired), Coolant filter with extra filter element,
dieselsite.com auxilary transmission filter with extra spin on elements.
Gulf coast bypass motor oil filter, this thing is great. It uses paper towel rolls for the filter element and keeps to oil clear between oil oil changes.
Factory exhaust including downpipe, however the factory Catalytic converter has been gutted, passes emissions however.
factory glow plug relay has been swapped out to the popular stancor industrial relay.
aftermarked headunit with aux cable wired in.

Parts that come with truck:
Extra filter elements listed above
spare injector from junkyard
spare cam position sensor
spare idler pulleys
spare turbocharger +$100
extra mirror glass for both sides - was going to convert the mirrors to be similar to bronco signal mirrors, never got around to it comes with the singal arrow that go behind glass

Truck has seen mostly highway driving as it was purchase just for that purpose. Im confident it will make it anywhere in north america with absolutly no trouble.
Averages beween 16 and 19 mpgs with it peaking at 21 on a few highway trips. 3.55 I bought the truck back in 2008 to do a few long trips with.

5500 obo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faust

Members online