1989 7.3 idi computer

SethB

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the help! My resolution is as follows: I have a 1989 Ford F-350, 7.3 idi with e40d trans.
The truck was in limp mode, and the od light would not turn on, the spedo did work. I checked my tach, it was fine. I replaced my transmission computer and it turned on the od light. I had also replaced the teca relay, (it IS on the DRIVER SIDE fender, despite what others say.) I proceeded to research more, i then jumped the relay, and it fixed my problem. It was a brand new relay, and it was faulty.

If you are having these symptoms, my first piece of advice would to test the teca relay, then test the tach sensor, last the computer (TCM)(-the tcm is behind the driver side kick panel behind some insulation.)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... NOT the bottom of the door panel. Its the side panel BEHIND the parking brake foot lever. For me this is a difficult area to work in. To reach the electrical side of this computer you MUST look very deep in the firewall and fender well on the drivers side of the engine bay. One bolt and the electrical box is about 1 1/2 inch wide by about 6 inches long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online