1988 F250 Needs Help

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Will 4.10 gears out of a semi-float 10.25 Ford Sterling work?

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
MASSIVE UPDATE..... I know it's Been a while.....

Ok I started College in July, Been working with the left over funds from the Grants and loans(and a tax return check from a year I missed).... But anyways I finally have an engine for my truck:Thumbs Up:thumbsup: it ran me 550 bucks so I got a decent deal on it and it has a 30 day warranty on it(salvage yard special). It is my intention to have it in the truck and running over the next few days.

If there are any members in the Mansfield, OH area that do not mind coming over and lending a hand I have all of the tools needed to do the project (I have Plenty of sodas too Plus I can use an extra set of arms to assist me in lifting that ZF S5-42 5 Spd back into place (That thing is heavy without a Trans Jack LOL)

By the way, If any of you happen to have Either a 3:55 Gear for a Dana 60 front axle(Ford style D60) or a 4:10 for a 10.25 Ford Sterling that you are willing to get rid of cheap I can Use it...Thanks

I wish I had the time my oil burning brother. I installed new fuel lines and pump last night until 11:30...I'm only an hour away.

Knight_3000

Reaction score
I wish I had the time my oil burning brother. I installed new fuel lines and pump last night until 11:30...I'm only an hour away.

Well Hell Grab some beer and come on up, My brother lives off of the 270 and 70 on the east side of town (Main & Noe Bixby) LOL I will probably be working on it all weekend

PS, I have a D60 for your Dually if you want it:sly Of course that depends on what I do with the Gearing issue

Knight_3000

Reaction score
IT LIVES:thumbsup::Thumbs Up:rock:

However a new revelation dawns, It has 2 injectors leaking(7-8) from the return system(looks like maybe dried out O-rings it is coming from within the collars) and My glow plug system is not working..... I know for a fact the timer is good, It came off my old engine and the system was working on the old engine when it (the engine) gave me the old "F*** OFF I AIN'T WORKIN NO MO".

My question is this How to Bypass the glow plug system(Essentially hot wire it to a Push-button) Or what other things should I check (Where is the GP temp sensor, Maybe swap it) I am kind of more in favor of the push button than I am the Auto timer...

I am already gonna steal some parts off the old heads for the return system leak Issue... So that should be taken care of

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online