1985 F250 Reg Cab 4x4 6.9 C6 turbo (Yeah you know the truck!)

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Well... since the wife and I are making some changes in our lives we are going to consolidate and get rid of my mustang and get a newer powerstroke (no im not out of the idi game...still building the ext cab) but i will have no use for the orange truck.

PRICE: $4000.00

1985 F250 reg cab long bed
4x4
6.9L Diesel 134k miles
aftermarket rotomaster turbo (turbo mounted on a special drivers side manifold)
Jasper Rebuilt C6 trans
HD44 front D70 rear w/ 4.10 gears
XLT Lariet
Power door locks work, power windows work with new motors. truck setup for a/c just needs a compressor. PO removed it.
has boost gauge and pyro
found a cherry dash pad. could use a new seat and carpet. seat is faded pretty bad.
aside from paint and body work i have done the following
new rear brake shoes,spring kits, wheel cylinders, wheel seals
new calipers,pads, rotors were new when i got the truck, both front brake hoses. most steel lines have been replaced. swapped proportioning valve
both fuel gauges work and replaced rotted off shower heads in tanks with diesel rated hose.
285-75-R16 cooper stt's with 1/2-3/4 tread on cragar 16x7 soft 8 wheels (tires were $900 new)
after market water temp and oil pressure gauges (oil pressure gauge needs hooked up)
cruise control works
heater core currently by passed for summer but nothing wrong with it it doesn't leak.

its drive-able and current inspection. needs a u-joint in the front drive shaft and possibly a heat shield made for between turbo and master cylinder.
steering box is loose so between that and the knobby tires it wanders a bit.

i swapped the steering column with one from the junkyard due to broken pivot for the tilt steering
has the typical diesel oil leaks (front/rear main, vale covers)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

the rest of the pics can be seen here: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/freebird01/85 F250/

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
its ok.... i thought my truck with the 5spd had more power. the c6 works good and shifts firm. i was planning on a 5spd swap.

with the 4.10 gears and C6 its not going to win any races but it will move what ever you put behind it.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I'm at the point that if I could move my current vehicles, I would be knocking on your door for the keys to the truck.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, am seriously lining up buyers for some goods. Will let you know if buy is possible or imminent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk