02 f550 abs light ON

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Any ideas on where to start? Also someone pulled the end of the shifter knob (atomatic) and about 3-4 wires are loose now is this related to the abs light? I will solder them back but I wonder if it has anything to do with that light been ON.

Thank You.

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
How many miles? Figure most likely it is related to a wheel speed sensor. Could be a bad sensor, bad wheel/hub bearing (probably cause a noticable vibe) or something caught the wiring. Maybe a low tire.
That knob on the end used to just be for OD, but I think some trucks use it for tow/haul. I don't know if that applies to this truck or if tow haul does anything with abs operation. If it does, maybe one of those wires shorted out and blew a fuse. On older PSDs if the OD switch circuit shorted and blew the fuse, you had problems :eek:
James

Exekiel69

Reaction score
About 100k miles, I do know one of the rear tires(dually dump truck) is very low on air and the way they drive it it would not surprice Me the shorthen a wire catching it on the mud.

Thank You, I will check the fuses too.

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
I don't know what kinds of ABS for puts on their MD trucks, but if the 550s have discs in the back like the 450s, there is probably a sensor towards the outside of the axlehousing. The low tire would make that side spin faster and cause a false reading. After spinning for so long, the computer thinks something is up and sets a code. Don't know just how low the tire would have to be, but maybe not very low at all! Air it up and see what happens.
James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online