01 water in diesel light

team_penin

Reaction score
I have a friend that has an 01 f350. the water in fuel light stays on all the time. I have replaced the filter and drained the filter housing but the light is still on, any suggestions

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sensor is in the bottom of the filter cannister I believe and it might be gunked up. Check for a code as suggested and if nothing is found, try re-draining the filter cannister and remove filter and wipe the bowl out with a clean cloth.

Doggy Daddy

Reaction score
If there is enough stuff in there to be fouling the sensor you willneed to remove the heater plate to clean the housing. 2 screws hold down the heater plate and then it and the standpipe come out. Don't get any debris in the hole in the middle where the standpipe was because that is where the fuel goes into the lines to the injectors. While the heater is in your hand make sure that theheating wire is still attached at all 3 points.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caution, if you are going to remove the standpipe I do believe it is left hand threads.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doggy Daddy said:
The standpipe on the SDs is held down by 2 screws thru the heater, not like the 94-97 where the standpipe is LH threaded into the housing and retians the heater.
Thanx DD, good info to know.