WTT my 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege for your IDI rig

gtxracer

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to oilburners! Thought I'd post this here since I'm looking for an IDI. I'll be transferring schools and won't have to commute to class every day. I need something that can transport parts and gear easier while still being able to drive around reliably. I would really like to trade for a turbo IDI truck, prefer a manual and extended cab or crew cab but I'm open to other configurations and non turbo trucks.

I bought this car in November of 2009 from Lovejoy Car Company in Portland. I am the second owner, the guy before me used is a commuter also. I don't do the whole "tuner" thing, I didn't modify the car and neither did he. The only changes this car has seen are the wheels and tires and the Kenwood head unit that was installed by the Lovejoy Car Company. This is an excellent commuter while also being fun to drive and easy to maintain. It is very comfy on the inside. I drove it 3000 miles from WA to FL for some training, changed the oil and drove it a bit during training, then drove it back the 3000 miles without having a single worry. It even hauled all my gear and clothes while we toured the southern states. I like this car a lot and I'll miss it.

Here's some standard info on the car:

2.0l turbo
5 speed manual
limited slip, FWD
factory Racing Beat suspension
Full Kenwood stereo with subwoofer from the factory
iPod, USB, Sirius XM, and line in functions
synthetics used
new battery last year
Mazda Rx8 wheels with fresh front tires and alignment
stock Racing Hart wheels included new tires going on tomorrow!
fresh coolant and oil change
some wear and tear from a DD

The car is not perfect. It has some beauty marks and blemishes. It is the most reliable vehicle I have had and that was most important to me. I will do my best to clean it up and make sure it is ready to go for the next owner. It needs new rear tires for the Rx8 wheels but the stock Racing Hart wheels are getting new rubber tomorrow. The front tires on the Rx8 wheels and nearly new, about 9k on them and have a warranty from Les Schwab as does the alignment. The only real mechanical problem it has is a slightly cracked exhaust manifold. I plan to take it off and repair the crack or replace it with another factory manifold. If the buyer isn't comfortable doing this work themselves I will gladly do it as I have the right tools and welder.

Blue Book is $4700 in the current "good" condition. Most of these cars go for 7-8k on craigslist and Mazda fan boy sites. I would rather trade but am posting a price of $4500 if a buyer is interested.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Serious inquiries can come take her for a test drive but I can usually spot tire kickers from the get-go.

How it looks right now, with the Rx8 wheels
You must be registered for see images attach

Factory wheels and tires

gtxracer

Reaction score
New tires with the stock rims back on

gtxracer

Reaction score
Great looking truck! Unfortunately I just moved into a new condo and they don't have parking for long rigs like a crew cab. It changes my original plans and now I have to look for a standard cab or maybe a super cab.

gtxracer

Reaction score
Thank you, I get compliments all the time. I love driving it, especially in the twisties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online