WTB: Brick nose gas to diesel convertion wiring and interior parts

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Converting a 460 EFI truck to oil fuel, I may scour the junk yards, but if you have what I need let me know.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a complete wiring harness for a 86 f250 2wd xlt; pw, pdl, ac, at for sale. $400. why? they are a ***** to pull.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the interior harness is the sam as a gasser isnt it?
I'm not certain what exactly is different because I haven't taken a look at a g@$$er harness, but there are certainly some differences...the instrument cluster's different (IIRC most g@$$er trucks don't have oil temp and voltage gauges, and the tach is different), you have the WTS and water in fuel lights, and such. I don't know if the entire harness is different and I don't know how extensive the wiring going to the instrument cluster's going to be different, but certainly the wiring to the diesel-specific dash lights would have to be run. Given that Ford went with a single big master plug for all of the wiring going through the firewall, having the entire diesel wiring harness will make life exponentially easier...you don't have to deal with hacking the wiring harness or drilling holes in the firewall.

I pulled both sides of the wiring harness out of an '87 IDI F-250 about two years ago...but it's looking like I'm going to be going in a different direction with my truck at this point, although I'm not sure how long it'll be before I'm ready to let go of the wiring...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'll try to find a local bricknose diesel to look at, I pulled the dash cover off and didn't find any loose plugs for glow plug or water in oil lights, but I need to look further, perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What package are you looking for?

STD 2wd Auto 2wd
STD 4wd auto 4wd
w/wo power windows etc...

I'll have a full engine bay and cab harness soon enough...but not likely soon enough for you!...LOL

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PMed you. I have an 86 F250 reg cab 4wd I'm parting out, would probably have everything you need, and I'll be heading up to sacramento in a couple weeks so shipping is easy.

What exactly are you going to need? Anyone else care to contribute? Off hand I'm thinking wiring (cab and entire engine bay), instrument cluster, cluster bezel w/ diesel light assembly, low vacuum switch, vacuum hoses? Fuel tanks and pickups, or at least pickups (???) tank switch valve? Glow plug & starter relay & wiring, battery trays (or at least the one the gasser doesn't have) Battery cables.

Anything else?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online