Who has Stans Headers?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Not true. You do gain some power with the headers which do flow better that the stock manifolds. Just look at the two and compare them to see the difference. While they don't make the power increase that we can see today with the modern turbo kits and modifications to them, they were comparable to some of the earliest, stock turbo kits (which didn't make a lot of boost) on stock engines. There's a big difference in what's available today and what was available back then.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I have to agree with 14 and 15.
For stockish power levels, the stock manifolds aren't that restricted.
Who has a N/A IDI and can do a head to head comparison?.... lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true. You do gain some power with the headers which do flow better that the stock manifolds. Just look at the two and compare them to see the difference. While they don't make the power increase that we can see today with the modern turbo kits and modifications to them, they were comparable to some of the earliest, stock turbo kits (which didn't make a lot of boost) on stock engines. There's a big difference in what's available today and what was available back then.

Whoa.I dunno man.I'll take just 3 lbs of boost over any (other) exhaust mod.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

on a N/A engine, id agree with you, but you want a somewhat restrictive exhaust on a turbo.
these rigs arnt race applications, and I feel that running headers to a stock turbo will do zero good, just a waste of money.
its exhaust pressure that drives our turbos, or any turbo for that matter

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with 14 and 15.
For stockish power levels, the stock manifolds aren't that restricted.
Who has a N/A IDI and can do a head to head comparison?.... lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Send me a set and I'll let you know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online