which motor would win?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk, i smoked a cummins... actually fixn to go get me a new cummins after i been at wally world for a few months i think...

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey HEY! im not a kid i am someone experianced. racin has been in my blood for as long as i can remember...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
The point being is that It is just a 300 6, Its not a 426 Hemi,,.Not something to get THAT excited about. The 300 6 is a great motor, will last 300K miles because it doesn't have enough power to blow itself up. Rock solid dependable with a plenty of torque.

I am sure that it is possible that a F150 2wd with a 300 6 could beat a stock Cummins, in a drag race, so I don't doubt that story. The F150 is a lot lighter than any truck that has a Cummins in, especially if it was an ex cab,..4x4,..duallly ,..whatever. If it was an early VE pump they dont have a lot of "speed" in their stock configuration. Like I said,.. Lots of Variables.

However, strap a 5K pound trailer on each of the trucks and the Cummins will walk away from a 300 6 like it was tied to a pole.

So like I said before, Take it easy, its just a 300 6. :rolleyes:

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i just won against a stock cummins.. lol... oh the joy and excitement of winning against a larger motor.... HAHAHA lol

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey HEY! im not a kid i am someone experianced. racin has been in my blood for as long as i can remember...

I didn't call you a kid actually. But I did guess you are young ;ReallyLOL.

'Racin' in your blood don't mean you aren't a kid either :D

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Depends on the mileage on the trucks, and the maintenance performed on them. With the way people take care of stuff around here, the 6, I've seen one 302 that had any balls in a pickup and I sold that a year ago with 22,000 on it. But like I said around here with the way people treat stuff the 302 is a 100,000 mile motor after that it's worn out whereas the 6 handles the abuse better.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil changes every 3 thousand miles or less and a new air filter every other oil change. use only Valvoline High Millage... and valvoline gear oil and valvoline transmission fluid. 11 inch clutch in a 5 speed. and EFI cleaner every other oil change. also I run high octane 89 and 93 everytime even when im short on gas i run the high octane dont run no junk gas either.. always shell, BP, or Phillips.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im 20 so what. but i know how to race on race day... lol..next time i decide to race a cummins ill film it for yall and put it on youtube... lol

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
yeah im 20 so what. but i know how to race on race day... lol..next time i decide to race a cummins ill film it for yall and put it on youtube... lol

You know how to "race on race day"
But do you know how to pay $20 and go to the 1/8 mile strip?
If you are racing on the roads, you are not only an ignorant little boy, but you are endangering my family, and many like it. If you put a you tube video of yourself racing on a public road, it will certainly confirm that.

"But your honor, I didn't mean to kill those three little kids and their mom.... I've got racing in my blood, I know how to race on raceday... It's not my fault the tire blew and I drove into that minivan at 85mph. I'm a big boy! I know what I'm doing."

FordMan,
If you wish to have a long beneficial relationship with this board you should:
A. ****!
B. ask a moderator to delete this thread

Drew

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
*deep breath*
Ohh and when you finally decide to go to the track, if you want to go fast, either build a 408w or a stroker 460 and give away that 300/6.
If you want to be driving that truck with the original engine in 20 years, keep the 300/6.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online

No members online now.