What would you pay for this?

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
It was a company truck for an equipment rental company in Montana.

Maybe someone liked to take the company truck wheeling? Check the frame piece that rad mounts onto for cracking. Check were it mounts to the frame as well. The springs and suspension may have been tweaked too.

Looks like an F-350 from the front wheels. What kind of diffy does have in the front?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! As of now I'm planning to buy it on Wednesday. He's sending me more pictures tomorrow, as long as it looks like what I'm expecting it will be my new temporary DD.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior doesn't look like a Centurion. Just regular bench. $2k delivered isn't bad since it's rust free, diesel, and a ZF 5.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about the interior. It has a cent badge :dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the doghouses are aftermarket. look at the clearance lights. chances are centurion got involved in turning that truck into a dually and nothing else.
I may be interested in the truck when you're done if it's not rusted out and the numbers aren't too high.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
For another few hundred, you could have your trans rebuilt at a professional shop in a matter or a day or two.....

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goose : I would only be buying it to drive while I tear down my ford and try to fix it myself, or until I find a good donor. I can't justify paying to have an e4 gone through, I would pay to have the bearing replaced, but not for a full rebuild. I much prefer manuals.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Goose : I would only be buying it to drive while I tear down my ford and try to fix it myself, or until I find a good donor. I can't justify paying to have an e4 gone through, I would pay to have the bearing replaced, but not for a full rebuild. I much prefer manuals.

Gotcha;Sweet I much prefer a manual trans myself so this clears things up tremendously.LOL I'm guessing that the Centurion conversion uses Arrowcraft products to achieve the dually status on the F250 chassis. They did a good job filling the viods that ford left behind as far as cab and drive line configuration goes. Ford never made an extended cab dually 4x4 in our vintage so Centurion built this truck just as it built the Suburban beaters. Funny how Ford caught on by the time the superduties came out in '99.

Good luck HD, looks like you're gonna have some fun with your quandary. :thumbsup:

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha;Sweet I much prefer a manual trans myself so this clears things up tremendously.LOL I'm guessing that the Centurion conversion uses Arrowcraft products to achieve the dually status on the F250 chassis. They did a good job filling the viods that ford left behind as far as cab and drive line configuration goes. Ford never made an extended cab dually 4x4 in our vintage so Centurion built this truck just as it built the Suburban beaters. Funny how Ford caught on by the time the superduties came out in '99.

Good luck HD, looks like you're gonna have some fun with your quandary. :thumbsup:

Are you sure about that? I recall seeing an 87-91 460 4x4 extended cab dually on CL a couple years ago. DOn't quite remember the exact year but it definitely wasn't a Centurion as far as Centurion traits go.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about that? I recall seeing an 87-91 460 4x4 extended cab dually on CL a couple years ago. DOn't quite remember the exact year but it definitely wasn't a Centurion as far as Centurion traits go.
ford never did a OEM DUALLY 4x4 in ext or crew from 80-95. after building mime, I can't understand why they would sub out the work.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who else besides Centurion, Magnum is it? and ?? did the conversions? I know I've seen quite a few 4x4 crew cab duallys that never had anything to suggest they weren't OEM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance