what starter?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
nippendensu(sp)? or another there is a few on ebay and they are going for 139.99. Sounds like a good price to me .

What do you guys think? :hail

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
isnt there a mitsubishi offered to?i would think as long as it gear reduction its ok? :confused:

DBogo

Reaction score
yea i beleive mitsubishi makes one i think its also the better one you can buy

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I got one from Autozone, lifetime warrenty, gear reduction etc.

truck :$3,000
starter : $120
showing up 5 years later with a reciept and getting another starter : priceless.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeepRoots said:
I got one from Autozone, lifetime warrenty, gear reduction etc.

truck :$3,000
starter : $120
showing up 5 years later with a reciept and getting another starter : priceless.
Amen to that! I got a Mitsu starter from Pep Boys in early 2002, and that starter was well and truly abused...up to and including cranking the engine over with the clutch in and the tranny in gear, so that the starter was rolling the entire truck...AND a trailer. It finally died earlier this year shortly after my glow plugs did (tried to start the truck with no plugs or drugs, and I guess that was all the starter could do)...brough the starter in to Pep Boys with the receipt, and $0.00 later, I'm back on the road :) I think the new starter was a Bosch, though...but it's still a gear-reduction unit and does the job quite nicely. :)