What if.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would my truck be like with a C-6 tranny with the 4:10 rear end.

Just wondering, I came across a 6.9 with a good C-6 I just bought. The dummy pulled it and put a gaser in it's place, no diesel in his blood.

Biggest thing I use my truck for is pulling my fiver with and drive 4 miles to work. An auto tranny would be real nice pulling my camper and backing into a spot.

Anyway, more spare parts us.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
It would just be missing that OD gear you have in your ZF5. For heavy hauling or around town it will be fine but you will likely be missing the top end cruising down the highway empty.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Low and slow!;Sweet

I've got 3:73 on my plow truck with a T-19 and gonna C-6 it here soon.
I just push snow and haul firewood mainly with it and figure 100 miles a week.

Wound out with 265 75 R16 tires at 70 mph.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive your truck around a bit without ever putting it in 5th gear (use only 1-4), and you'll get a pretty decent idea of what it will be like.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i would rather have a zf5 over any other trans offered in these trucks, unless i was going to be drag racing then i would use c-6

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C6 is a great transmission, and with 4:10's you could pull one town into the next rather than you pulling into town. However, Turtles will laugh at you as you cross creek beds and ponds, while they hold their ears as your engine screams at the govenor. :rolleyes:

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C6 is a great transmission, and with 4:10's you could pull one town into the next rather than you pulling into town. However, Turtles will laugh at you as you cross creek beds and ponds, while they hold their ears as your engine screams at the govenor. :rolleyes:

That statement by itself just made me love my C6 LOL:rotflmao

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Don't do that to yourself, it'll be pure torture. Beef up an E4od and put it in if you want an auto or if you do the C6, add enough overdrive so your head doesn't explode.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Dibs on the ZF 5 speed :D

Honestly if you would want an automatic....if you can find a C6 and some sort of overdrive unit, that would be nice. If you cant find that, find a used E4OD, and throw some better internal pieces in it, and a better torque converter, with some good tranny coolers, and it should be ok and its a locking torque converter tranny ;Sweet

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
5spd, hard to beat and cheap to repair. The c6 is a great trans, probably the best Ford ever made but no OD make's these old IDI's scream bloody murder on the highway.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya'll are probably right about the screaming thing, don't think I could handle that.

Anybody got an E40 for tradin, got a C-6 and a 6.9 with re-maned heads and two extra injector pumps.

The 6.9 was a good engine when last running, he broke an injector pump shaft then went to junkyards buying more injection pumps never got it running again, gave up and let it set for over a year, he would not listen to anything I told him. Anyway lots of good parts for me or other who need them.

Gasacholic dummy! cookoo

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Ya'll are probably right about the screaming thing, don't think I could handle that.

Anybody got an E40 for tradin, got a C-6 and a 6.9 with re-maned heads and two extra injector pumps.

The 6.9 was a good engine when last running, he broke an injector pump shaft then went to junkyards buying more injection pumps never got it running again, gave up and let it set for over a year, he would not listen to anything I told him. Anyway lots of good parts for me or other who need them.

Gasacholic dummy! cookoo

Alright, I'll bite. How much for the 6.9?:dunno

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would my truck be like with a C-6 tranny with the 4:10 rear end.

Just wondering, I came across a 6.9 with a good C-6 I just bought. The dummy pulled it and put a gaser in it's place, no diesel in his blood.

Biggest thing I use my truck for is pulling my fiver with and drive 4 miles to work. An auto tranny would be real nice pulling my camper and backing into a spot.

Anyway, more spare parts us.

My truck was born with 4.10s and C6. Read my signature to see how far to the other side I went just to get as far as possible from that horrible memoryLOL

No matter how you drive it, the truck will NEVER get the same economy as before. The transmission is as honest as they come though. Never even blinked when I had it in the truck. Economical cruising speed was 50 MPH (or lower) and top speed was ~73 MPH.

Sorry, can't have my E4OD:backoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online