SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I would love to do that, wouldn't mind a trip out that way

Not sure my truck would survive the drive tho lol

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gut the parts truck, bring about 200 for parts, drive to Portland. We will put it in, go home in chilly comfort.

Russ, I sure wish I could take advantage of your generous offer and have you help me install my AC too. It might take me "a few hours" to drive from WI to OR though. Plus, I just about have the heads off!

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the receiver dryer looks like a little can with an inlet and outlet?

I'm trying to look it up online

I feel like I'm being a giant pain sorry
it's called an accumulator on our trucks since it's on the low side

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, I sure wish I could take advantage of your generous offer and have you help me install my AC too. It might take me "a few hours" to drive from WI to OR though. Plus, I just about have the heads off!

Just bring our daughter with you, she's in Oshkosh. Lol

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do I get all of that stuff?

Is it absolutely necessary to do that?
My dad didn't change any of that out on the Lincoln, just used the cheapo retrofit kit on it and it works fine, or is that bad to do?
Very bad.the dessicant in the r12 accumulator does not work with r134a so there is no moisture removal going on.eventully the r134a will eat the bag and dump the dessicant into the system.plugging and it up and destroying the compressor

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, well that probably explains why the Lincoln is rapidly losing it coldness, we had just assumed it had a leak

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will also pick up one of those haynes books this weekend when i go looking for the parts

Reading through the Haynes AC manual helped me a lot. I didn't really have a clue how the automotive AC worked, or know how to repair the system. Between the manual and the help from the folks on this site, I think I can get the AC in my truck working right.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got to looking at this today and I noticed that the truck the ac come from the the switch for panel floor defrost etc is vacuum controlled, and in my truck that's a push pull cable controlling it

So to change to the ac do I have to somehow convert my truck to use vacuum to switch that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7