What do you like about you IDI?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Let's hope there remains a parts network that lasts ever increasing stringent laws by the EPA, CARB, and whatever else is out there to try and bully us from our reliable vehicles that can be fixed forever, to the tiny recyclable plastic eggs that are so popular now among those without any really care for what they drive, or for safety in their vehicles should something happen. Plus, (I love mentioning this fact as well!) my 86 Ford F250 NA with C6, 4.10 gears in the rear end and a LOT of steel welded in for use in towing heavy loads via gooseneck and sometimes bumper, will get 17 to 18 mpg consistently on short hauls. I'm looking forward to finding a clean stretch of super-slab sometime and cutting it loose to see what she can really do.

All this after buying it as a beat down, dented, rusted, non-running hulk that looked like it was not only rewired by a gang of drunken monkeys. I tossed a set of license plates on it with insurance, reworked a few wires without the appearance of any purpose to give them one, added some fresh diesel and my proprietary additive mixtures, jump started the truck with out International 1066, and the beastie started right up!

Long live old Iron! Of course my yearly trips to the IOLA car show here in WI doesn't help. . . . . .

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that when there's 2 foot of snow on the ground and nothing wants to move, I don't ever have to wonder how much money i'll make pulling stuck people out on my way to work!! Simple, effective, cheap... that's all that matters!!!

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I simply love the way the IDI sounds at Idle, and when she is wrapped up to 3K, i also love the simplicity and the Body style (87-92) is by far my favorite body style of all F-Series trucks

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt mine from back to front, everything but the trans, for about 10k. Labor not included. I would make a list but it would take a while.

No payment, great power, incredible reliability. And I dont have to lift the cab to change the injectors.

Oh and it needs paint so no one breaks into it.

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its paid for and it gives me a never ending project to tinker with. Its like a fine wine, just gets better with time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Staff online