Waste gate tie back?

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't want to get a thread flared up. I don't believe adding IP timing will increase my boost but it should allow me to run more than I have at a lower temp. No doubt it was retarded as I made a small adjustment to it and the truck came alive. I still think it needs just a bit more. My egt's dropped and from there I started turning up the turbo. I'm not sure I want to add fuel as it seams to be getting plenty. I will try some timing and plug the wastegate line as stated and report back. If I have to turn up the fuel then it is what it is but I really hope I don't.

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Type in boost control into ebay. You can find adjustable controllers from $19 dollars on up. Most are just a ball and spring set up so when the engine is at 15 pounds of boost the waste gate servo will see 10lbs or what ever you set it at. I played with one, they work. I did have to replace the spring with a ball point pen spring to lower the range. What I did not like is the bleed hole tends to make a mess from oil sucked in from the cdr. A little modification and one could vent the bleed hole back to the intake of the air cleaner or anywhere there is zero pressure.

Joejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck hit 14psi today. Runs hard. I just needed a better road to open her up on. 4th gear is a 14psi ripper for sure. Now I have another issue. For some reason the glow plug controller will start clicking loudly when the truck sits at idle for a while. The temp gauge is on the cold side. Is the sensor telling it to fire the glow plugs? I can hear the controller clicking and it even dims the lights when it clicks. Any ideas? Also some sort of nasty tree sap looking liquid has started melting out of the gpc and is running down the valve cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online