Update on the Hypermax Head Gasket

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
My question about this would be the following. A 6.0 running 40 PSI has a cylinder pressure of....what? I am thinking that the cylinder pressure of a 6.0 running 35 - 40 PSI of boost must be close to what an IDI is running at say 18 - 20 PSI of boost.

6.0's compression ratio is 18:1 where as our IDI's have a compression ratio of 21.5:1
QUOTE]

6.0 running 40 would be similar to an IDI running 30, until fuel is introduced.

That must make these head gaskets some pretty serious parts then. I know this thread had me watching from before, but now I am following it pretty closely.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Sorry guys,
I've been working on my car every chance I get so I can drive it this summer. I'll give them a call tomorrow if i remember and let you guys know whats up.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question about this would be the following. A 6.0 running 40 PSI has a cylinder pressure of....what? I am thinking that the cylinder pressure of a 6.0 running 35 - 40 PSI of boost must be close to what an IDI is running at say 18 - 20 PSI of boost.

6.0's compression ratio is 18:1 where as our IDI's have a compression ratio of 21.5:1

As history unfolds in my memory, these PSD's seem to be getting lower and lower in compression as teh power goes up.

7.3 - 17.5:1
6.0 - 18:1
6.4 - 16.7:1
6.7 16.1:1

I am EXTREMELY interested in what hypermax is doing for these old engines, it goes to show that they might be the loner of the diesel world in power, but there sure are a pile of them on the road after almost 20 years!!

but just remember as the compression ratio went down, the stock boost numbers went up. our N/As at 21:1 make ok power at 0psi of boost. have you watched what happens when you pop the pressure pipe off a 6.0? no power, no nothing. just something to ponder i guess

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to Ron the other day and they will be done some time this summer probley late summer early fall he's busy right now and said he testing emm or somthing but will be no later than fall

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hypermax head gasket updat: So I talked to Ron today and he said that he still is working on other stuff and gets to the gaskets when he can. He did say that he thinks he might have more time after he finishes a project he is working on. That should be in around two weeks that it will be done. He aslo said that he should have more time now to work on them cus he now has someone to help him out with injectors. He told me to call back in a few weeks for an update. We need to ALL keep calling him so that he gets going on them. The more interest we show the quicker I believe he will get them done. He did mention that there are a few guys on the list to get them after they come out. Who all plans on getting them? I'm just curious... Also does anyone plan on pushing boost higher after you get um on?

Another thing I asked him was use of the gaskets with studs. There is a disclaimer on the 6.0 PSD gaskets that they were not tested with studs so I was curious if this applied to us. He said it does not and said there would also be a possibility of packaging the gaskets and head studs together. I thought that would be pretty cool.

The last thing I asked is, if there would be a limited amount of gaskets made like the C-ring kits? He said no they would be fully available after testing was done. But anyway, there is a small update for you guys. Get ahold of him and let's get these things goin!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
POST HIS PHONE # AND EXTENSION! so we can all call...often! bi-weekly or there bouts! and then tag when you spoke to him here in this thread...LOL

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your idea. The number for Hypermax is 847-428-5655. Just call that number and ask for Ron. Its easy to get him on that number...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Ron get back with you? Also I wonder if the gaskets will be reuseable? I doubt they will be...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well call him again tomorrow for sure then. Gotta stay on top of him. Lol. Need to get these things done.

Also with the gaskets, I am sure you are right. I was just curious cus I wasn't sure how durable they would be with the wire rings.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOPE....

And, I wouldn't reuse head gaskets anyway....bad bad bad idea IMHO

I wouldnt say it's a bad bad bad idea, but maybe not a good one lol. Reusing head gaskets isn't quite so unheard of, but most people will change them anyway for the peace of mind.

(or maybe I'm clueless about wire ring gaskets or IDI gaskets in general) :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.