Update: 88 Bronco dually diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
I love it ;Sweet

The ONLY thing I (only my oppinion) would change is I would get some 19.5" Alcoas instead of the 24.5"'s

And then I would put some super singles on the front :D

My first thought, but couldnt find any, i could have gone with 22.5s but i decided if i was doing it i was gonna go big

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
and not ever have to worry about tires again.

Part of my reasoning for the conversion in the first place. It would have been more expensive for me to get a new set of 38 11r16 boggers with new rims than it was for the whole 24.5 conversion. And ill get literally 10x the miles out of these

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
If you were to meet tom you would see it fits him perfectly. Ask a few guys from our Tampa get together at 77f250diesels place, he bear hugged a 55 gallon barrel of wvo into the back of truck.

So when ta going to come and get a turbo for that bad boy tom?

I had my 2 complete setups for it. One had to be rebuilt and one was perfect. Sold the perfect one to pay rent. Got the other torn down ready to be rebuilt

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Like the idea, not the execution.

You know im not a big fan of the execution either. But i did the best with what i had to work with. Ive got less money in the entire truck than some people spend on the 22.5 conversions alone. Look up my previous threads about the motor swap, i dont have a nice shop and a big bank account and i still was able to do what i did. Imagine what i could do if i did. Anybody who thinks they could have done better for less than 5000all said and done, working in the dirt. My hats off to you.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
It does look like a toy, and my 7 year old loves it.

I wonder how he put the dually fenders on?:D

Ihave given thought to sending some pics to hotwheels, who knows.. maybe it could lead to matchbox or radio controled toy of it... then maybe a part in the next cars movie as maters cousin or somethin ...haha the royalty checks would sure be nice...

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stacks in general dont appeal to me, on a bronco, that gets magnified by 1000. You need a ricer wing on the top of the cab to top it off.

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what gearing you got? I got 24.5's on a tractor I am junking after I gut the engine, harness, 18spd, and 3.36 rears to go into my 2003 9900. got less in buying the junk tractor with 100 miles on an remanned ISX repower and freshly OH 18spd and rears than it would have cost to inframe mine with new injectors.

my Dually has 4.56 ..... that be enough to turn a roughly 40" tire?

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what gearing you got? I got 24.5's on a tractor I am junking after I gut the engine, harness, 18spd, and 3.36 rears to go into my 2003 9900. got less in buying the junk tractor with 100 miles on an remanned ISX repower and freshly OH 18spd and rears than it would have cost to inframe mine with new injectors.

i can answer that, kinda
31 divide 40 = 0.775
0.775 x 4.56 = 3.534
3.53 rounds up to 3.55 gear set. So what this means is with a 40" tire, and 4.56 gears you would have a final ratio of around a 3.55 gear set. to explain it it goes as follows

31 is the height of a factory 235/85r16. 40 is the height of the tire your going to be using. then you times it by the gear ratio you want to use.
also you can reverse the the tire sizes and then put the gear ratio you want and it will tell you what gear ratio you want.

40 divide 31 = 1.290322
1.290322 x 3.55 = 4.58

4.58 would round to a 4.56 gear ratio, so doing the math this way will tell you what gear ratio you need by the final gear ratio you want.

try it with different gear sizes and see how it turns out.

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
Cars Movie

I like Broncos. But for some reason it reminds me of the tractors in the "Cars" movie. I'm expecting it to tip over backwards and stand on it's tailgate!:D
ROTFLMAO that was funny right there, that a great scene in the movie! I bet it even blows smoke out the stacks and makes that funny Cars tractor nosie when it lands on its tailgate!! :rotflmao

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score

Im running 4.10

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
,..nice,...:rolleyes:

Cumon dude, you build a rig like that, post the pics up and ask people what they think you have to expect some crap,..If you cant handle it, dont post up the pics,..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac