Up 'n Out

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be time to move on...

Folks,

Thinking about selling my truck (for real this time). We have a move coming up in April and I'm just not wanting to deal with the extra cost of diesel fuel while towing my car across the country. More importantly, now that we have a couple more horses in the family (2 horses came with my wife) and will be putting living quarters into the horse trailer, we just need more power than this old IDI can offer.

We're also over the weight rating of the truck.

I'm asking $4500 (had wanted $6000). Not too flexible because I have lots in the truck. Complete Banks turbo system (transcommand, gauges, exhaust) with 15,000 miles on it, Brian's Truck Shop E4OD with 6000 miles on it, upgraded A/C hard parts to work with new refrigerant and the new compressor that went on last month. Front end rebulit in 2004 IIRC. I have all upgrades, maintenance, and repairs logged since I purchased the truck. Nice truck, just doesn't have the power we need and our reimbursement per mile doesn't cover actual expenses of pulling cross country now that diesel fuel is over $3.00 a gallon most places and will likely be higher when we move.

Tires don't have too many miles on them... believe they were installed when the front end was done. Will have to check my records.

Some items need attention: alt light very rarely comes on when in reverse (I think I've found the reason), rear brakes lock (probably just need to be turned down--ABS works), and smokes occasionally when in reverse (fixed by shifting out of reverse and back in--maybe torque converter isn't unlocking??).

Body is in good shape, paint on hood and top of cab not too great. Lots of little improvements in the interior (had some cracks behind the dash and behind the glovebox that I patched). She's a pretty tight truck--rides quietly and is nearly rattle-free.

Let me know if interested. I'm in Monterey, CA and am a fulltime (overtime??) student. You'll need to pick up the truck, although I'll travel within reason to meet halfway on a weekend. Cash only. Pictures are at http://photos.yahoo.com/mlewis73.

The BTS transmission still has more than 8 months left on the 2 year warranty.

Mike

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online