turbo questions

ZachStack

Reaction score
alright guys, im trying to pull this turbo out of my truck...it needs new bearings in it...how do to you take the turbo out the easiest way? ive never done one before. i was hoping to pull it out as easy as possible...any advise?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really can't offer any help till we know what turbo you have. For me the easiest turbo to remove is the Banks sidewinder wastegated turbo. Just 4 nuts and one down pipe clamp. Yes, There are a few other small things that needs to be out of the way but thats about al the big stuff. Other turbos will be much differant.

whalebus

Reaction score
The way I do it is disconnect oil line then remove 4 bolts that holds turbo to up pipe Remove 2 0r 3 bolts behind turbo hat that hold the bracket that the turbo sits on to the back of the intake. The will be pointing towards the front of the motor. Un bolt down pipe an pull it off.

I might be missing something but some one will chime in. Its not a bad job and some shorty wrenches help. Get an old pillow to lay across the radiator an your belly will thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle