tubular manifolds

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you want a shorty style or long tube

I am not particular to either short or long tubes. What I really want is something that would allow me to run true big dual exhaust without giving up much ground clearance. I would probably run really simple duals, most likely 3" with really short, straight as possible tubes and simple dumps, maybe just the back of the cab or at the rear axle. I would like to be able to play with a bunch of different mufflers until I get a sound level I can live with, but I am guessing 3" or 4" tubing/mufflers might be ok.

Let me know your thoughts, I know it's lots easier to make more than one set so I'd be willing to live with whatever the majority votes.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
allright im start to work on your set of headers hope fully long tubes will be fine by you

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
im interested in a set of headers for an idi to work with a turbo?any idea on cost?

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on material trying to source some decent quality stuff with out breaking the bank

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha almost have one side done now i get to measure all my bends and lengths and go have it mandrely bent

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stans headers in washington already makes long tubes. They are very nice pieces. I noticed a big improvement on my truck. I can't remember what his claims were horsepower wise. I think they were around $500-550 and they come with an industrial chrome plating. I would be interested in shortys though if the price was right, that way I could put on the turbo we have.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Going to be putting a turbo on in the spring as well (if Russ is up to rebuilding it by then) and was thinking about doing a tubular exhaust as well. Have no real desire to make them to sell and would definetely consider purchasing a set if the price is within my means. I have an early banks kit and was going to have to come up with an up pipe anyway as the one I have is for an automatic, I'm going ZF5. Will probably do a 2 inch body lift too for added clearance.

Let me know what you think and all. I have the kit, up pipe, mounting bracket, complete engine for that matter if you want pics or whatever. I can try to pull measurements, but that can be tough long distance as well.

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys sry i have not been on the project i lost my job same time i found out my gf was pregnant im back in work and ill be geting the first prototypes going soon sary for any and all inconvinence

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Oh man, sorry to hear all that. Don't worry, there weren't any inconveniences, I was just following along and its been inactive for awhile. I was also thinking of building my own headers that flow into a remote mounted turbo by the transfer case, but would wait until this summer though.

Glad to hear your back in the work force! ;Sweet