Truck is going to the doctor...........

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Hopefully it will finally run right after 70,000 miles!!!!

03-6.0 crew cab 4x4 6 spd.

1. Re-flash for low power off the line and lousy mileage (18-20 mpg when new and after all the re-flashes (5 of them) its around 15 mpg) EGR issue again too?

2. Fuel Water Drain plug stripped on frame mounted filter.

3. Inside edge front tire wear (ball joints?)

4. Steering Wander on all road surfaces at highway speeds (tight ball joints or bad steering box?) Also a low tone growl at any speed above 35 mph.(wheel bearing?)

5. Rattle in the front end when driving. (Ball joints? Shocks?)

6. Door ajar light rarely goes off and the dome light stays on for about a minute.

7. Exhaust smell when started in the morning through the vents (manifold gaskets or up pipe joints?)

8. Very rough cold start and idle with lots of smoke. Sounds like it has a bad rod knock for about 3-4 minutes when you first start it.
(I started using 10W30 Diesel oil due to TSB 05-16-6 and it has helped a bit)

9. A/C compressor thumps year around when the compressor cycles on any setting. Sometimes worse than others.

10. Front shocks are leaking.

11. Shifter knob fell off.

12. Is a new dipstick that can be read available yet?

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
We'll i got a call from the dealer.........

Ball joints are shot. Said they were REALLY bad!

Left front wheel bearing assy shot.

Bad fuel pump.

4 bad injectors. (there going to replace all 8)(I have the later c-95's too!!!)

Door ajar light fixed.

Front end alignment.

Cracked Y-pipe by turbo.

New shifter knob.

Shocks are not covered under the Premium plus warranty.

To top that there WDS crashed and they can't get my truck to start. Supposed to have it back on Tuesday..........................

Last edited:

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
mjstef said:
5. Rattle in the front end when driving. (Ball joints? Shocks?)

I had that on my Chevy half ton that I traded off on my '05 Dodge. That's what it was, hooped upper and lower ball joints on both sides. Probably from dragging it through mud and whatever else I made the truck do.

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Still won't run as of today. They called Hotline and were told that the latest flash was messing up the FICM so they have ordered a new one. It will be here tomarrow. Once they get it to run they will check the injectors again but he figured it will get a whole set. Thank god for warranty!!! It'l have a 5.9 in it when it turns 100k. ford-cummins is 250 miles from me. I REFUSE to pay to get this POS fixed out of warranty!!!!!

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Well the truck started with the new FICM so they are putting it out in the cold for the night to see if it still runs like crap when its cold. Gonna be 15* tonight........... BTW Right hand wheel bearing was ordered today as the trashed it getting it off to replace the ball joints......................