Tri Club Colorado DYNO DAY 4/16

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I was going to try and make it up, but then my POS chevy decided to take a dump on its self. Maybe if I get it going by then, but I won't hold my breath...

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
If I had the time, I'd bring my trailer over to your place and tow in the Chevy for ya to the dyno day. :Sly Kidding aside, I hope ya get-r-goin again, it's a frustrating experience.

A quick update from LaserBob:

We worked on the software yesterday and got things like we want them. We will have nice data sheets to go with your graph of your runs.

I will have some info posted on the wall in the shop explaining the sheets and the data that we will have for you. This is more detailed than just getting a graph of your 3 runs.

The data will include corrected pwr and tq and uncorrected pwr and tq. The sheet will show engine rpm and speed. That will give you a page with six columns of data for each run. We are going to overlay the graphs on one page so that it is easy to see the difference in your power settings.

I have made some sheets with other pertinent information about this dyno that will be posted. I hope that it will help all to understand what's happening.

LaserBob

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I did get the chevy going, but it doesn't look like I'll make it anyways. I hope ya'll have a good time.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Don't tell me Whitmore is in town & nobody told me :draw :draw

What time ya taking off on the AM, I'm not going to the VFD class up in Wheatland so will be here all weekend.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Rampy, I just saw this. We're meeting and be ready to roll at 7:00 am at Jack and Gloria's Cowboy bar on South Greely hwy. If ya don't get up in time, we'll see ya down there. ;Sweet
Yep Whitmore's came into town last night and we put on my new-to-me bumper (ya can't miss me now) had steak dinner and tucked'em into bed around 9:30. ;)

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Did not drag my lazzy *** out of bed till the pager went off for a grass fire & then the wifey poo hijacked me into doing yard work till we had another grass fire & then we got called out to yet another grass fire out on 128 N of 85 that turned out to be a controled burn :hail :hail & inbetween then was able to bun a 1/2 tank of gas in the bike crusing round town with the oldest daughter ;Sweet

Mummmm steak, picked up a couple of T bones to throw on the barbie tonight & if I'm a good boy might even have a Diet Bud or two ;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

Hope ya had fun & make lots of black smoke :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dieselpower

Reaction score
The event went great. Thanks to all who attended!

Whitmore is just awesome! I really enjoyed meeting him and wished I could have spent more time hanging out with him (although we could cause some havic, that's for sure).

I've got all the results on disc and will be posting them on our club website soon. I will post a link to them here when I get that done.

Shay Black
Colorado Power Stroke Club
www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.com

Whit

Reaction score
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: lots of hard work took place hookin up 56 trucks to the rollers, the organization was very good, no delays at all, the shop is awsome with everything we needed, the girls running the tables did great too.........they are much needed to keep us crazy ***** in line :D I was able to talk to alot of folks and put faces to names as well,I had a great time and am pleased with my first dyno 375hp/940tq here is a quote from Lazer Bob who did all programing and the driving.
Cheers, Kevin

Kudos the ALL who had a hand in making this event happen I need to say a huge THANKS to those who helped for one truck to those troopers who worked all day. Here is a list of most who helped. (no particular order) We needed every one of you!

Mike & Tammy Lockner-----Shay & Alan Black-----Richard Ebel-----Tim Corneau-----David Gross-----Justin Marrs-----Leonard Yackey-----Dave Hess-----Jordan Amos-----Keith Neal-----Barry Gallager

I know that there were others , but I have brain damage today. Soot overload.

The trucks were run on a test that loaded the trucks and made most runs from 40's to 70's mph and lasted 8 seconds. This run starts after the dyno loads the eddy brake and spools the turbo. Most trucks make as much boost here as on the street. Some make more and a couple didn't make as much as the street. I do not know why.

We dyno tested 56 trucks and had one shocking interruption. One dodge that we had on the rolls would shock me through the control panel when I ran the test. After repeated attempts to get a run, we pulled the panels off the dyno and checked some wires. We found a leak in an air hose. We had the expert help from Carol Perdue, (thank you)to trouble shoot the dyno wiring. The stuff was reassembled and tried again. Still a shocker. We tried another truck and no problem.

We refunded that man's $ and said sorry. The dyno worked perfectly the rest of the day. We had our usual tach signal difficulties, but they always come and go.

The new facility at GAM was properly christened with diesel smoke. Now we have to clean it up. I think we will be looking for more air flow as an upgrade to the room.

THANK YOU DYNO CREW!

Oh yeah, Big thanks to all of you that came out to see us and try out the newest, toughest dyno in the area.

It was a blast. (Hard work, too) I hope you had fun!

LaserBob

Whit

Reaction score
dieselpower said:
The event went great. Thanks to all who attended!

Whitmore is just awesome! I really enjoyed meeting him and wished I could have spent more time hanging out with him (although we could cause some havic, that's for sure).

I've got all the results on disc and will be posting them on our club website soon. I will post a link to them here when I get that done.

Shay Black
Colorado Power Stroke Club
www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.com

Shay, I'm sure glad you didnt mention anything bout us 2 trouble makers crossin the plug wires on that Max :Sly :Sly :Sly I think maybe next time we need to hook up on some fun :thumbsup:

dieselpower

Reaction score
Kevin, you just be at the diesel Truck Fest weekend July 23/24 and you and I will cause all sorts of trouble!

Shay

mlockner

Reaction score
Kevin,

It was great to meet you and talk to you face to face. The dyno day went off well and a good time was had by all. Sorry I did not have more time, but I am sure you understand why. We will have to do a meet and greet or something up that way sometime. I hope you know that includes a beer. :cheers:

Mike Lockner

Whit

Reaction score
Absolutly Mike, Thanks for comming over to Oilburners,I still have a smile on my face........kinda like this :D can we do this again next week LOL

Pics of the event

I made some new friends from the www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.com A group of great people :hail

Also got to finally meet some of my friends from TDR.........finally :thumbsup:

Cheers, Kevin

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Hey Kev, I'm glad you made it home in good shape. Good luck with this weeks tasks at work. Many thanks for bringing the bumper down and helping me put it on. I'm real excited about it!

Whit

Reaction score
Yep got yer old 98 bumper on the 94 now and my son done came and got the truck back :backoff I dont know how I will ever get it away from him do bomb it ............may have to club him :backoff Glad you like your new bumper and I know it will protect your investment and you and Lisa too.
Kicked some butt on our shut down today so I got a jump on things, now to keep the lead on it.

Cheers, Kevin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online