Tri Club Colorado DYNO DAY 4/16

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Likely gonna leave Cheyenne around 7 am. We'll meet somewhere around I-80 and South Greeley HWY (85). I'll pick a spot shortly.

Kev, you and Liz are welcome to stay here the night before, after or both. I'll even let Liz jump on the bed.:backoff

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by TPCDrafting
Likely gonna leave Cheyenne around 7 am.

ACK!!! I don't get up before 10:00 unless it's for a major life shapening event on the weekends:D :D :D

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
SWEEEEET:number2

Sad thing is I only got up to 110mph going North out of Hillsdale today ::eek: :eek: :D :D

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Ninja will do that in 3rd gear (and it's got 3 more to go):peelout

The hill on yellowstone just north of yer station is my test hill. I hit the second reflector at 40 mph and nail it till I go by the shriners sign at the top, I'd say it's only about 800 feet at about 7-8% grade. On the ninja I let off before getting to the sign at the top cuz I just hit 4 th gear and was just over 115. That's more than fast enough for me. :eek: I don't test that hill on ninja anymore.:angel:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Ninja will do that in 3rd gear (and it's got 3 more to go):peelout

The hill on yellowstone just north of yer station is my test hill. I hit the second reflector at 40 mph and nail it till I go by the shriners sign at the top, I'd say it's only about 800 feet at about 7-8% grade. On the ninja I let off before getting to the sign at the top cuz I just hit 4 th gear and was just over 115. That's more than fast enough for me. :eek: I don't test that hill on ninja anymore.:angel:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I was going around 90mph passing that sign today & it was fast enough for my fat old ***:D :D

Whit

Reaction score
Ramprat said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I was going around 90mph passing that sign today & it was fast enough for my fat old ***:D :D

Any more details on the event? Gettin closer and lookin foward to it :thumbsup:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Kev, you can meet me here at the house if ya want or if ya just want to meet at the meeting spot, continue south through town and when you hit I-80, go east to the greeley hwy 85 south exit, it's the first one once your on I-80. At the light take a right, go up over a little hill and on the right you'll see an old tower with nothing but a sign on top. It's the "Jack and Gloria Horn's COWBOY BAR". On the south side of the building is a parking lot, we'll meet there and ready to roll by 7:00 am. If I drive the truck, which weatherwise it's looking that way, Liz is welcome to take it shopping if she gets bored watching the dyno event. I won't be getting on the rollers this time, no changes in nearly a year now. :cry:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
More than likely I'll be up in Wheatland that weekend. There is a Hazardous Materials - Incident Management class being hosted by the Wheatland VFD & it's the 1st time in a ***** age that class has been offered around these parts & the instructor told me I could hitch a ride with him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
:backoff pussing out again for some other gay FD class. You shoulda gone on that call up on I-80 the other day, you woulda had all the hazmat you could handle. :smoke:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
TPCDrafting said:
:backoff pussing out again for some other gay FD class. You shoulda gone on that call up on I-80 the other day, you woulda had all the hazmat you could handle. :smoke:

What hazmat on 80 :confused: :confused:

This is the IC class & if you are the IC on a hazmat call you get paid big bucks :D :D (no I never will be IC on a hazmat call, but I can dream now can't I ) ;Sweet

Plus it looks like we will experience a major unexpected expense & cash flows going to get ugly for a few weeks.

Last edited:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
UPDATE: POSTED BY LASERBOB AT TDR FOR THE PLAN OF ATTACK:

This is a rough plan for how we will run things at the dyno. The rolls turn at 8AM. (They stop when I drop or everybody got to run.)

1)Trucks are run first come first served. You sign up when you get here and get your number. Put that number on your front and back window (like at the drags). Watch the line at the dyno. If you are at the dyno staging line when it is your turn, you are on. We will consider the dyno staging line to be about 5-6 trucks long. If you miss and the numbers pass you, you go to the end of the line that is staged at the dyno. Similar to NASCAR starting at the end of the longest line. This is the most fair way I can run this and not have to have you babysit your truck in a 25 truck line all day. If we are running #7 and you are #27, you may have time to ride around the block with someone else. If you are not there for your number, you go to the end of the longest line. It will not punish the guys who want to wait in line or the ones who are legitimately behind you.

2)The trucks will be given three (3) good pulls on the dyno. We plan to make all the runs in direct gear. This will not add gear multiplication or loss to the runs. You may have all the pulls the same or turn your boxes, etc up or down as you see fit between pulls. The computer has the ability to record your runs as fast as we can make them. You may be in the truck with me during the pulls. It feels cool to have your power tied down.

3)The runs will be made with the eddy current absorber on. That means your truck will build boost like, or better, than you make on the road.

4)If you have an auto trans that will not hold any single gear or TQ converter lockup, we are still working on getting the runs to give data with a shift in the middle. If you can make it hold a gear, tell me how when you get on the rolls. It will be better for all.

5)When your runs are over, please get out of the staging area so that we can get to the next truck. Your runs will be saved and very easily given to you (printed) in a few minutes after you park your truck. We really want to run a BUNCH of trucks. We thank you for your help witliningng up and clearing out.

6)When you are in the staging line, make sure that you are checked out to have the tape on the harmonic balancer so that you get a torque reading. We may have to paint your balancer to make things work properly. Flat black is best if you want to come prepared.

7)It is your responsibility to be sure your truck has oil, water and proper air pressure in the tires. We don't want any flats to remove at the last minute.

8)Duallies may or may not fit with the wheels in place. Each roll is 28" wide and there is just 28" between the rolls. Check yours out. If you do not fit, lets get something off so you do. Put your wheels back on after you get out of the staging area.

I think this is going to be a lot of fun

We will have a lot of volunteer help. Please be kind to them. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
TTT Gettin' close, any other takers? I'm looking forward to the weekend, I haven't had a day off in weeks. :frustrate

dieselpower

Reaction score
Let's not forget about this event. IT IS COMING UP THIS SATURDAY!!!!

Even if you don't plan on dynoing your truck, come on out anyway! There will be a prize drawing and you never know what else going on! Also there is supposed to be some newly twinned Cummins there and some "trucks in hiding" that are supposed to show up!

Bill (our club member) will have his vendor food cart there early and will start off by serving up Breakfast Burritos, coffee and hot chocolate. For lunch, he will have hamburgers, hot dogs, Brat/German Sausage and a variety of drinks, including fresh squeezed lemonade, pop, water and fruit smoothies. Prices will range approx from $1 to $5. Let's show him our support!!!

Hope to see you all there!
Shay